Home

Wednesday 23 October 2013

DIY Paper Wall Hanging


I've finally finished this paper wall hanging for above our bed! This project was inspired by Style Me Pretty's DIY Wax Paper Backdrop. I loved the look of the wax paper backdrop, but I didn't want it to become washed out against the white wall. 


I only made a few changes to the original tutorial. Instead of half a circle, I used a full circle of paper to make my cones. After some experimenting I realised that I liked the look of wider cones better :) I also just tied the paper to a branch I'd spray painted silver, to stand out from the wall, and because I had less space for my wall hanging than the original backdrop in the tutorial!


Have you tried to make this project too? I like it, even though it's abstract, I still think it looks nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment